Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day Three and Four (I got lazy)

Sorry guys, I got lazy yesterday and didn't update. So I don't remember what exactly what I ate,  I know I stayed just below 30 carbs for the whole day until I went to Pei Wei. There, I got the chicken lettuce wraps, which I assumed would be very low in carbs. I mean, it's chicken and lettuce, right? How carb-filled can it be? VERY, it turns out. If I had eaten the whole plate (which I didn't, whew), it would've been 620 calories and 68 crams of carbs! I ate half, so I ate 36 grams. Not really that bad, but it did piss me off.

Anyway, onto Day Four...

As it was Saturday, I splurged a little.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, two slices of bacon, 4 fl oz of orange juice, 368 calories and 15.7 grams carbs
Lunch: Cheese, 138 calories and 3.8 g carbs, pepperoni, 158 calories and 0 carbs, and seven rice cracker chips 26 calories and 6.3 carbs.
Dinner: Ensenada Chicken Platter, 663 calories and 23 g carbs. We got this at Red Robin, and it was the only dish under 30 carbs! The salads were all very high, obviously the pastas and delicious burgers were a no go, as were the mint chocolate brownie milkshakes...
Snack: Jesse didn't feel very well and was needing some ice-cream, so I went out and grabbed us some frozen yogurts, which have 23 calories and 8 carbs per fluid ounce. I got six (roughly a cup), so I ate 138 calories, which I thought was pretty low, but it had....48  carbs. Needless to say, I'm feeling that difference. I feel pretty bloated tonight and learned my lesson. "No Fat" does not mean you can't gain weight from it.

So today: 1491 calories and 96 carbs. Not so much a success. Back to NO sugars tomorrow.

But the good news: I am fitting into my size 8 jeans! And, if my terrible scale can be trusted, I've lost 3 lbs. I weigh in at the half way point on Tuesday, so I'll post that then. The weigh in helps re-motivate me. No more frozen "fat free" yogurt for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment